Year 1 Teacher
We have an exciting vacancy for an outstanding practitioner to join our dynamic and committed Key Stage 1 team.
Starting 25th April 2022
M1 – U3
Please email your application to Mrs Becky Holt – firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is Monday 31st January 2022, 9.00am.
Interviews, to include teaching session and a planning exercise, are to be held on Friday 4th February 2022.
Coleshill C of E Primary School is a two form entry primary with a flourishing nursery taking children from two years old.
The school is part of the Birmingham Diocesan Multi-Academy Trust, a dynamic and supportive MAT committed to “life in its fullness” for all, and who understand the importance of investment in people.
We believe our school should be a place where we all want to be – where our strong values are lived out by everyone within school, from our well behaved children who want to learn, to our dedicated colleagues who are as committed to quality first teaching as you are.
Our school stands at the heart of the community it serves, and benefits from extensive open space and an ongoing programme of investment in the grounds and buildings. Our easily accessible location makes commuting from Birmingham, Coventry, Nuneaton, Tamworth Lichfield and the surrounding areas simple.
As part of the team you will be supported by your partner teacher, with PPA designed to allow you to work together on planning the delivery of the Coleshill curriculum, whilst also enjoying the autonomy to bring your own unique experiences to the classroom. We understand the importance of the broad and deep learning opportunities that allow children to engage with their learning and flourish. Music and sport in particular are our passions - we look forward to hearing about yours.
The successful candidate will:
- Be committed to promoting our Christian distinctiveness.
- Be willing to take advantage of training opportunities that allow you to further develop your skills.
- Have enthusiasm, drive and commitment to the development of excellence.
- Be committed to creating a nurturing environment that stimulates positive behaviour and well-being.
- Share our vision for outstanding primary school practice and development.
- Be an excellent team player with the highest expectations of themselves.
- Be involved in all aspects of school life.
We can offer you:
- A committed and collaborative Senior Leadership Team, Local Academy Board and Multi-Academy Trust.
- Teaching and support staff colleagues with high expectations of behaviour, learning and personal development.
- A caring culture with a commitment to providing the best for our children, including pastoral support based on a restorative approach.
- Employee schemes and a supportive environment to help ensure positive wellbeing for all.
In line with our Safeguarding Policy, Coleshill C of E Primary School & Nursery and Birmingham Diocesan Multi-Academy Trust (BDMAT) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All roles within school are subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB).
The school’s policy requires all applicants for employment to disclose any previous unspent criminal convictions, any cautions which have not expired, or any pending prosecutions, that are not 'protected' as defined by the Ministry of Justice.
References of all shortlisted candidates will be sought prior to interview.
To comply with Asylum and Immigration legislation you will be required (if appointed) to provide one or more documents from the Immigration Act 2006 - List A and B. You must provide proof of current and valid permission to be in the United Kingdom and valid permission to do the type of work offered. Further information is available at: www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/employers/
We welcome applications from underrepresented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion. BDMAT is a Disability Confident employer and also a member of the Stonewall Diversity Programme.
If you don’t hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.