Home School Partnership
We see your child for about five hours a day - a comparatively small amount of time compared with that spent with you. We are convinced that your support is essential to your child's happiness and progress. Parents / carers and teachers need to work together for the sake of the children.
Every school year we ask parents and pupils to sign an agreement:
Parents/carers: I/We will try to:
- See that my child goes to school regularly, on time and properly dressed and equipped.
- Provide an explanation if my child is absent.
- Avoid taking holidays in term time.
- Make the school aware of any concerns or problems that might affect my child's work or behaviour.
- Support the school's policies and guidelines.
- Support my child with homework and other opportunities for home learning.
- Attend parents' evenings and discussions on my child's progress, where possible.
- Get to know about my child's work and life in school.
School: the school will:
- Strive to promote each child's health, safety and happiness.
- Encourage each child to do their best at all times.
- Encourage each child to take care of the school and grounds and others around him/her.
- Provide a broad and balanced curriculum including extra-curricular opportunities and strive to meet the individual needs of each child.
- Let parents know about any concerns or problems that affect their child's work, behaviour, attendance and punctuality.
- Keep parents informed about general school matters and, about their child's progress.
- Arrange parents' evenings during which progress will be discussed.
- Be open, welcoming and responsive at all times and offer opportunities for parents to become involved in the life of the school.
Pupils: I will try to:
- Treat others as I would like to be treated.
- Follow the school rules.
- Be responsible for my own actions and belongings.
- Attend school regularly and on time.
- Do all classwork and homework as well as I can.
- Be polite, helpful and considerate to others.
- Wear the school uniform and be tidy in appearance.
- Remember that I represent my school both inside and outside of it.
- Keep the school free from litter and take care of school property.