Please click here for our curriculum on a page to see our vision for intent, implementation and impact of the curriculum.
We believe that the curriculum consists of all the learning opportunities provided by a school. This includes not only lessons, but out of school activities and all the attitudes, values and styles of behaviour promoted and supported by the school.
We intend to provide a well planned, stimulating and challenging curriculum which:
- Is broad, balanced and relevant and gives all children access to a wide range of educational opportunities, in addition to the Early Years Foundation Stage and the National Curriculum.
- Allows children to achieve high standards and develop their potential intellectually, physically, emotionally, socially and spiritually.
- Extends children’s knowledge, skills, concepts and creativity.
- Encourages children to develop enquiring minds.
- Is committed to the principle of equal opportunity for all children.
- Enables children to question and use their initiative.
- Provides children with the opportunity to develop self reliance, self respect, independence, responsibility and have a sense of their own worth and an awareness of others.
- Enables children to cope with the changing world and develop an appreciation of their own and other cultures.
- Teaches moral and spiritual values within a Christian ethos.
- Nurtures lifelong learning.
The curriculum will be taught using a variety of teaching styles and groupings, differentiated according to the needs of the children. Some of our work is based on a cross-curricular approach, with some subjects taught separately.