The governors of Coleshill C of E Primary School & Nursery endorse the curriculum aims outlined in Warwickshire County Council’s curriculum policy statement and those made by the school.
We believe that the curriculum consists of all the learning opportunities provided by a school. This includes not only lessons, but out of school activities and all the attitudes, values and styles of behaviour promoted and supported by the school.
We intend to provide a well planned, stimulating and challenging curriculum which:
- Is broad, balanced and relevant and gives all children access to a wide range of educational opportunities, in addition to the Early Years Foundation Stage and the National Curriculum.
- Allows children to achieve high standards and develop their potential intellectually, physically, emotionally, socially and spiritually.
- Extends children’s knowledge, skills, concepts and creativity.
- Encourages children to develop enquiring minds.
- Is committed to the principle of equal opportunity for all children.
- Enables children to question and use their initiative.
- Provides children with the opportunity to develop self reliance, self respect, independence, responsibility and have a sense of their own worth and an awareness of others.
- Enables children to cope with the changing world and develop an appreciation of their own and other cultures.
- Teaches moral and spiritual values within a Christian ethos.
- Nurtures lifelong learning.
The curriculum will be taught using a variety of teaching styles and groupings, differentiated according to the needs of the children. Some of our work is based on a cross-curricular approach, with some subjects taught separately.