We are a school-based nursery for children from two years old who live in Coleshill and the surrounding areas. We can cater for around 30 children in any one session, and have a clear understanding of the different requirements of younger children new to a nursery setting and older children in their pre-school year, enabling us to offer a high standard of individual care and education.
We believe one of our key strengths is in the strong links we have with the school as part of a vibrant Foundation Stage. We are based in the Early Years Foundation Stage building at Coleshill C of E Primary School and we are run by the Governors of the school, under the direction of Head Teacher Mr Andrew Kershaw.
The school was inspected by Ofsted in April 2015 as good, and we are proud to be an “outstanding” Church of England school (SIAMS inspection report 2014). The Christian ethos of the school and the values for which we stand are apparent in every aspect of school life. We are however welcoming and open to those of other faiths or none. All children and their families are welcome, regardless of race, culture, gender, religion or disability.
At Nursery our primary goal is to offer an inspirational early years education that is both accessible and affordable - an essential building block for preparing children for school.
Your children will be safe, cared for and stimulated within the school’s Early Years provision. Although there is no automatic guarantee of a place at the school when your child leaves Nursery, many of the children in the Reception class each September have transitioned from Nursery, fostering a sense of familiarity that helps the children settle in well.
We want our children to leave Nursery with the confidence and skills to help them meet the challenges that lie ahead in the school system and beyond. We believe that by Parents/Carers and professionals working together your child will achieve their full potential. (Please note, we will treat separated parents equally, unless there is a court order limiting an individual's exercise of parental responsibility.)
The school’s aim has always been to create an enthusiasm for learning that lasts a lifetime, and we believe our Nursery gives children the best start!
Why choose our nursery
- We have a qualified teacher in the nursery classroom, allowing us to have a strong focus on maths, phonics and literacy. Specialist art and music teachers also give us further opportunities to broaden and deepen a child’s experience of the curriculum, and our Early Years Practitioners are highly qualified and experienced.
- We are proud of our enhanced “Time to Talk” award, which recognises our work in supporting children with their speech, language and communication development. Only 20 schools in Warwickshire have achieved this.
- We work very closely with our Reception teachers to ensure that all children are challenged and achieve outstanding results by the end of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
The nursery classroom was opened in autumn 2010 as part of the Foundation Stage redevelopment at the school. We benefit from fantastic indoor and outside facilities including:
- A bright and spacious classroom, with self-contained children’s toilets.
- A separate “quiet room” for play or small group sessions.
- Zoned play areas, including areas for dressing up, wet or messy play, snacks, reading, writing and role play.
- A fenced off play area exclusively for Nursery and Reception children, containing a gazebo, stage area, wooden train, climbing frame and sandpit.
- An interactive white board and ICT facilities.
- A kitchen area for the safe and hygienic preparation of snacks.
We are also able to make use of the Children's Centre building on the school site.
Learning through play
The Nursery curriculum is based on learning through play and planned using the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Framework from birth to five.
We support the EYFS statement of aims: “Every child deserves the best possible start in life and the support that enables them to fulfil their potential. Children develop quickly in the early years and a child’s experiences between birth and age five have a major impact on their future life chances. A secure, safe and happy childhood is important, and good parenting and high quality early learning together provide the foundation children need to make the most of their abilities and talents as they grow up.”
We firmly believe children learn most effectively through a planned, playful curriculum. We think the most important skills we can teach your child are how to learn, so they are increasingly independent and making the most of every opportunity.
Come and visit!
We'd love to see you - please telephone 01675 463672 to make an appointment, or call in when you are passing. Our nursery staff will be pleased to show you around and answer any questions that you have.
Our outside learning environment...